San Francisco, CA
172 6th Street
San Francisco, CA, 94103
Phone: (415) 543-5494
TTY: 800-855-2880 or 711
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
About The Dudley
The Dudley Apartments is the adaptive reuse of a six-story 110 room hotel originally built in 1913. In 1989, this building was significantly damaged by a major earthquake and in 1996 it sustained a fire that displaced all of the residents. The Dudley Apartments has been retooled for permanent housing for low-income individuals and the formerly homeless and now includes 75 studio and one-bedroom units. A special project feature of the Dudley Apartments is the services that are provided by Hamilton Family Center. The property also features two commercial storefronts. The purchase and renovation of the project for permanently affordable housing were consistent with San Francisco’s SOMA Earthquake Recovery Redevelopment Area plan, strategy, and vision for 6th Street.
Amenities and Services
- Community room
- Laundry facilities
- Intensive case management, mental health support and consultation
- Weekly food pantry
- Educational workshops on topics such as health & wellness, life skills, substance abuse recovery, mental health and self care
- Adult social activities
- Eviction prevention assistance and referrals
- Employment and rehabilitation resources and referrals.
- 75 studio and one-bedroom apartments serving low-income individuals and the formerly homeless
- Funded by: San Francisco Redevelopment Agency, National Equity Fund, HOPWA and AHP
- Architect: Okamoto Saijo Architects
- Contractor: NCR Consturction
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the California region.