We are proud to provide loans for housing developments that:
- Provide quality, affordable, low-income housing
- Serve the economically poor, especially families or individuals with special needs
- Strengthen families and build healthy communities
- Increase self-reliance
Featured Profile: Forrest General Hospital Orthopedic Institute
In 2010, Mercy Community Capital allocated $20 million in New Markets Tax Credits to Forrest General Hospital Orthopedic Institute located in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Forrest General Hospital, a non-profit county-owned hospital, provides all levels of care for critical access care hospitals in a 19 county service area. With a policy never to turn away a patient, regardless of ability to pay, Forrest General Hospital provided more than $78 million in charity care during 2010.Learn More
Applying for a Loan
If your organization is interested in applying for a loan, please complete the application for pre-qualification form. Staff members review the details of each application and evaluate the request carefully against the established criteria.
- Beneficiaries must be low and very low-income households and those with special unmet housing needs
- The borrower must have the organizational capacity to complete and manage the development and the ability to repay the loan
- There must be a demonstrated need for the loan
- The development must have broad community support
- The development must guarantee long-term affordability for low-income persons
- Resident self-sufficiency and economic independence are promoted
- The development location must be in the United States
Mercy Community Capital, a subsidiary of Mercy Housing, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, certified by the U.S. Treasury Department as a Community Development Financial Institution.
For more information about Mercy Community Capital, contact us at (303) 830-3386 or firstname.lastname@example.org.