Jan 21MLK Senior Housing to open Fall 2021
In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, we are thrilled to celebrate the groundbreaking of MLK Senior Housing, our newest affordable housing development in the Hilltop neighborhood of Tacoma, WA. Join us in celebration by watching our groundbreaking video:
About MLK Senior Housing
- The development offers 60 affordable apartments for seniors, with onsite community room and outdoor plaza for residents to gather and participate in Resident Services.
- It will be the fifth Mercy Housing Northwest community in the Hilltop neighborhood, where we have been building affordable housing for over 15 years.
- Located just blocks from two light rail stations and bus stops, the development will also be in close proximity to multiple healthcare facilities.
- 20% of apartments are set aside for households with a disabled resident and one-third of the homes have a leasing preference for veterans. In Pierce County, 11% of residents are veterans, the highest density of veterans on the West Coast. In addition, nearly 30,000 of Pierce County veterans have a service-connected disability.
A very special thank you to our funders and partners who helped make this development possible:
No related posts.
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.
- Do Resident Services Work? Take Sarah’s Word for It
- 200 Affordable Homes Coming to Sacramento at 4995 Stockton Boulevard
- New Supportive Housing Development, “7th and Brannan,” Breaks Ground in San Francisco’s SoMa Neighborhood
- Mercy Housing Celebrates Sustainability Milestones - and Commits to Going Greener by 2030