Jan 182022 Power of Home Colorado is a big success
Thanks to all our friends and supporters who attended the 2022 Mercy Housing Colorado Power of Home fundraiser in Denver. It was an inspiring and fun evening celebrating the over 3,000 residents who call Mercy Housing Colorado home.
Guests had the opportunity to hear from Mercy Housing Mountain Plains President, Shelly Marquez, about our exciting plans for developing more safe and affordable housing across the region. The program also included engaging and moving remarks from special guests Cris White (Executive Director and CEO, of Colorado Housing and Finance Authority) and Albus Brooks (Vice President of Business Development and Public Affairs, Milender White).
The excitement of the evening was truly heightened when a surprise $10,000 matching gift from KeyBank was announced in the middle of the program! For every dollar donated at the event, KeyBank matched it, doubling $10,000 in donations to $20,000! Thank you, KeyBank! It is partners like you that help our Resident Services programming have a direct impact on residents’ lives.
Congratulations to this year’s Mercy Housing Mountain Plains Community Impact award recipients for their incredible commitment to our core areas of Resident Services programming:
- Enterprise Community Partners (Housing Stability Impact Award)
- Huntington Bank (Financial Mobility Impact Award)
- Center for Trauma and Resilience (Health and Wellness Impact Award)
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife (Out-of-School Time Impact Award)
- Bank of America (Community Engagement Impact Award)
Residents are at the core of our mission, so we give a heartfelt thank you to Penny Hoffman, a Mercy Housing resident at Decatur Place Apartments in Denver, who bravely shared her story of how Resident Services programs helped to stabilize her life. Thanks also to Emi, Izzy, and Vanessa who joined us by video to share their remarks. You were all inspirational, uplifting, and very moving.
The evening would not have been so fun (and successful!) without our two amazing emcees, Al Jackson, and Tory Shulman! Al and Tory are co-hosts of Daily Blast Live, a nationally syndicated talk show, and their natural banter only added to the evening’s festivities. A big round of applause to Al and Tory for your commitment to and confidence in Mercy Housing – we can’t thank you enough!
Last, but certainly not least, a BIG THANK YOU to all our sponsors! Your support fuels our ability to deliver program-enriched affordable housing in healthy, thriving communities where people can heal, dream, and reach their full potential. An extra big “shout out” to our presenting sponsors: Lument, MDC/Richmond Homes Foundation, and The Staenberg Group.
You may also like:
- The Power of Home Mercy Housing Mountain Plains is bringing the Power of Home to communities across the region....
- Why Proposition 123 is the Right Solution to Make Colorado Affordable By Shelly Marquez This affordable housing crisis threatens to irrevocably alter the state we love....
- Success in the Midwest with the Power of Home Thank you to all our friends and supporters who attended the Mercy Housing Midwest 2022...
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.