Jun 08Changes in MCC Leadership
On behalf of Mercy Community Capital’s Board of Directors, it is with mixed emotions that I share that Jason Battista will be leaving Mercy Community Capital this June. We are very grateful for his service and dedication to Mercy Housing’s mission over the years, and wish him the best of luck in his new role.
Jason has accepted a Development Partner role focused on affordable housing at St. Charles Town Company, which is a 30-year-old socially responsible real estate company located in Denver, Colorado. Jason has worked at Mercy Community Capital (MCC) for nearly 14 years, serving as MCC President for the past 8 years. He is also a Senior Vice President of Mercy Housing, Inc. and an active member of the Investment Committee, which oversees all rehabs, new construction, and dispositions nationwide. During Jason’s time as President, MCC reached new heights and achieved exponential growth.
Some of the highlights under his leadership include:
- Leveraged more than $5.5 billion in total development.
- Changed the organization name from Mercy Loan Fund to Mercy Community Capital.
- Improved the credit rating three levels, from A+ to AA+, putting MCC in the top 15% of rated CDFIs nationally.
- Grew MCC from a small entity to more than a $115 million fund, tripling its size, balance sheet, and profitability.
- Became a carbon neutral organization and started a large-scale environmental initiative.
- Created and/or preserved more than 22,000 units and served more than 50,000 residents.
And in Jason’s words, perhaps his greatest accomplishment was “cultivating a best-in-class team that is diligent, impact-oriented, and genuinely enjoys working together.”
Stefanie Joy will be stepping in as interim President in June. She has worked for Mercy Housing for more than 12 years, currently as the Vice President of Lending for MCC. She will be working closely with Mercy Housing and MCC’s Board of Directors to develop the next three-year business plan for the organization.
MCC Board Chair,
Deputy Executive Director, CHFA
No related posts.
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.