Jul 21Mercy Housing Lakefront Receives Grant Award from Disabled Veterans National Foundation
Disabled Veterans National Foundation:
Mercy Housing Lakefront:
Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager
The $15,000 grant will help Mercy Housing Lakefront provide onsite resident services for 65 veterans and their families in Danville, IL.
Chicago, IL – July 21 – Mercy Housing Lakefront (MHL) is honored to announce it has received a grant from the Disabled Veterans National Foundation (DVNF) for $15,000 which will help fund onsite Resident Services at Mercy Housing Lakefront’s Cannon Place, an affordable housing community for veterans and their families, located on the campus of the Danville VA Medical Center in Danville, IL.
“We are honored to receive this grant from the Disabled Veterans National Foundation,” said Mark Angelini, President of Mercy Housing Lakefront. “It is through strategic partnerships and grants like this that we can support residents as they work to achieve their goals.”
Joseph VanFonda (USMC Sgt.Maj. Ret.), CEO of the Disabled Veterans National Foundation expressed his support and gratitude by stating, “At DVNF, we believe in empowering veterans and their families to thrive. We are proud to partner with Mercy Housing Lakefront to provide vital resources and services that will help veterans at Cannon Place reach their full potential.”
The DVNF grant will be invested in programming for Cannon Place residents, including individual support as well as assistance accessing resources through the VA and other community partners.
The Resident Services program provides residents and their families with access to onsite programs such as community events, activities, and group trainings, as well as individual support both through outside partners and by the Resident Services staff.
About the Disabled Veterans National Foundation:
Disabled Veterans National Foundation exists to provide critically needed support to disabled and at-risk veterans who leave the military wounded—physically or psychologically—after defending our safety and our freedom.
DVNF achieves this mission by:
- Offering direct financial support to veteran organizations that address the unique needs of veterans, and whose missions align with that of DVNF.
- Providing supplemental assistance to homeless and low-income veterans through the Health & Comfort program and various empowerment resources.
- Providing an online resource database that allows veterans to navigate the complex process of seeking benefits that they are entitled to as a result of their military service, as well as additional resources they need.
- Serving as a thought leader on critical policy issues within the veteran community and educating the public accordingly.
About Mercy Housing Lakefront
Mercy Housing Lakefront (MHL), the Great Lakes region’s largest nonprofit provider of service-enriched housing, is committed to creating affordable homes and inspiring dreams. We work with residents to establish engaged, strong, and inclusive communities. MHL’s mission is to create stable, vibrant, and healthy communities by developing, financing, and operating affordable, program-enriched housing for families, seniors, and people with special needs who lack the economic resources to access quality, safe housing opportunities. MHL owns and operates 46 properties in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin, serving more than 7,000 people annually. MHL is a regional branch of Mercy Housing, Inc. (MHI), the leading nonprofit provider of affordable housing in the country.
You may also like:
- Breaking Ground with Mercy Housing Lakefront’s Real Estate Development Team There is no typical day for Mercy Housing’s Real Estate Development team. Todd Wolcott, Associate...
- Breaking Ground at Veterans Villas at San Antonio Drive in Norwalk, California On Tuesday, October 11, Mercy Housing California (MHC) teamed up with the City of Norwalk,...
- Addressing Mental Health and Wellness Through Resident Services Programming Did you know that 1 in 5 adults experience mental illness each year*? Or that...
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.