Aug 31S&P Global Ratings Reaffirms AA- Rating
S&P Global Ratings, one of the leading providers of credit ratings in the country, has reaffirmed its ‘AA-‘ rating to Mercy Housing.
Mercy Housing received this rating with a stable outlook, which is the highest rating to be obtained by nonprofit social housing providers. Substantial due diligence was required to obtain the rating. An issuer credit rating is an independent opinion of Mercy Housing’s overall creditworthiness and financial strength, and the rating was issued on August 16, 2023.
The rating reflects S&P Global’s opinion of Mercy Housing:
- Extremely strong management, with an experienced and dedicated board, senior and executive staff, and a detailed multiyear strategic plan with measurable goals that support its mission and reflect its values
- Very strong enterprise risk profile, supported by our assessment of extremely strong market dependencies and low industry risk
- Strong financial risk profile characterized by adequate financial performance assessment based on average EBITDA-to-adjusted revenues ratio of 25.2%, strong debt profile based on a total debt-to-EBITDA ratio of 22.5 times, and our extremely strong liquidity assessment due to an estimate of approximately four times liquidity sources over uses during the next 12 months
- Focus on low-income social housing initiatives coupled with its proven community partnerships and ability to fulfill strategic priorities that, in our view, will support fiscal and operational performance in line with the rating level through economic cycles
Focus on low-income social housing initiatives coupled with proven community partnerships and the ability to fulfill strategic priorities will, in S&P Global’s view, support fiscal and operational performance in line with the rating level through economic cycles.
“We are excited that S&P Global confirmed Mercy Housing’s financial capacity and strong commitment to our mission of providing affordable program-enriched housing for families, seniors, and people with special needs,” said Mercy Housing CFO Angela Bruno. “This AA- rating allows the organization to access additional and alternative sources of funding to continue to fulfill our mission and increase our impact for years to come.”
You may also like:
- Top Marks from S&P Global S&P Global Ratings, one of the leading providers of credit ratings in the country, has...
- New Board Chair Takes the Helm for 2023 Press Release Mercy Housing Southeast Announces New Board Members For Immediate Release: March 22, 2023...
- “To work for the common good is the greatest creed.” Mercy Community Capital (MCC) is grateful for a stellar and impactful 2022 fiscal year. MCC’s talented...
- Marylhurst Commons Groundbreaking Celebration FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE November 16, 2022 Contact: Nathan Box | Mercy Housing Northwest | firstname.lastname@example.org...
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.